This Easy Banana Bread recipe calls for a package of Cream Cheese. This makes the bread super yummy, adds a depth of flavor and will ensure that your banana bread doesn’t turn out dry!
My oldest daughter found a love for “Paula Dean’s Banana Bread” that we picked up one day at our local Walmart store. She devoured half of the package in one sitting. Since this was her first time having banana bread (she doesn’t eat bananas) I wasn’t expecting all that!
I knew that I needed to create a Homemade Easy Banana Bread Recipe that I could keep on hand for those days when she would apparently crave banana bread….it occurs more times than you’d think throughout the year. I will say that I have made this with and without the pecans and it turns out great. So if you have a nut allergy in your home you can totally omit those. I’ve even added in raisins to the mixture in place of the nuts and I think it’s even more delicious, however, she did not!
This is a great basic Easy Banana Bread Recipe that I hope will become apart of you recipe box!
Now if you want to make this easy banana bread recipe a bit more decadent by adding chocolate chips and a little healthier by skipping the cream cheese and substituting with greek yogurt check out my Healthier Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips recipe. These two easy banana bread recipes have become my go-to banana bread recipes…sometimes I don’t have all the ingredients on hand for one or the other and often time I make my banana bread recipes from the spur of the moments…or when a craving hits!
Marci Loehner | MyHeavenlyRecipes.com
A traditional Banana Nut Bread recipe that I've been using for as long as I can remember.
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 4 Mashed bananas
- 3/4 C Butter, room temperature
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
- 2 C Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix together butter, cream cheese and sugar until combined.
- Add in egg, one at a time. Adding in vanilla extract last.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until all ingredients have been incorporated. Stir in pecans.
- Grease a banana bread pan and pour your ingredients.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and a fork/toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Do you have a go-to easy banana bread recipe that would you like to share? If so, click here and I’ll be sure to feature your Reader Recipes!
I love to see what you are creating in your kitchens! Feel free to share your results of this Easy Banana Bread Recipe with me on Facebook or Instagram. And, be sure to follow me over on Pinterest for more Heavenly Recipes.