You can’t go wrong with these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Easter Eggs!
So you know those incredibly irresistible Reese’s Peanut Butter Easter Eggs that are only sold during the season and that the chocolate to peanut butter is pure perfection?!? Yeah, well the family was craving those bad boys and it’s just not in season right now…I’ve searched high and low and just can’t seem to even order them online right now.
So, what would any other family do than to create their own version!!!
Now Beanies and I had just made this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. It’s the edible kind to where you can sit on the couch and enjoy it while watching a movie because it doesn’t contain eggs. We ended up having a TON of it left over. So Beanies decided that we should just go ahead and make them into Easter Eggs “like the peanut butter kind, but, without peanut butter!”. I just love this girl!
We headed into the kitchen.
I melted the chocolate chips while Beanies was busy at work rolling out the dough and then taking her Easter Egg Cookie Cutter and cutting out her eggs. We then placed them in the freezer for about 20 minutes or so until they were almost frozen.
TIP: The trick to dipping anything into chocolate is making sure that it is cold. If it’s not cold it will fall apart in the chocolate mixture which in turns leaves it “lumpy” looking.
Once the dough was cold to the touch we took them out and dipped them one by one into the chocolate mixture. Each Chocolate Covered Egg was then placed on a silicone baking liner on the baking sheet and allowed to sit for a few hours to harden. That night we ended up placing them in the freezer for another 20 minutes to harden and then placed them into a Gallon Ziploc bag and kept them in the freezer. This way we can nibble on them as needed 😉
Marci Loehner | MyHeavenlyRecipes.com
A super fun recipe that will get the kids involved in the kitchen and enjoying a sweet treat. Whether you make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Easter Eggs to enjoy at your family gathering or pass out to the neighbors, they're sure to be a hit.
10 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1 1/3 C Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C Nestle Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Stick (1/2 C) Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 12 oz. Semi Semi Morsels (or White Chocolate Chips or colored melting chocolate)
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer) cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in flour, salt and vanilla extract.
- Using a large spoon or spatula stir in chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough into a ball and roll until it's about 1/2".
- Cut out into Egg shape (or any shape) using a cookie cutter.
- Set shapes onto a lined baking sheet and allow to freeze in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has hardened melt 12 oz. of chocolate or melting candies. Cover each egg (or shape) with a coat of chocolate, placing on a cooling rack with pan underneath to catch the drippings.
Be sure to Submit a Recipe so that I can feature it on the site once you’ve made this dish! See you soon 😉