Ya’ll have asked for healthier recipes and my family has been eating a lot healthier over the past year…so, you ask and you shall receive. These Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes don’t contain sugar, eggs or oil!!!
For the past three years I’ve been making homemade pancakes. It use to be easier to just add water to the boxed stuff that you find in the grocery, but, by making my own pancakes at home I know exactly what is going into my families body and can control the sugar consumption…if there’s one thing that you do, CUT.BACK.THE.SUGAR.
As Americans we fuel our body with sugar and that makes our body crash, not think clearly and puts on added pounds around your mid section. Not to mention the plethora of other reasons I’m not even going to get into right now.
I will tell you that as you begin to cut sugar from your families diet you’ll experience a few side effects. As with any detox you’ll experience a headache, possible shaking (especially if you consume A LOT of sugar in a day), your food not tasting like it normally would and you’ll find yourself THIRSTY!
I began over a 6 month period removing sugar from my own diet. Instead of 3 TABLESPOONS of sugar in my coffee every morning I slowly began adding honey and Unsweetened Almond Milk to it. I’m down to about 1 Tablespoon of coffee and a splash of almond milk in my coffee every morning. I’ve also been substituting honey and coconut oil when I can when recipes call for sugar. If you can find a natural sweetener that you like, stick with it!
Now you can also make this Healthy Chocolate Chip Pancake with Whole Wheat or Gluten Free Flour to make this extra healthy or for any dietery restrictions your family may have. However, I keep running out of Whole Wheat flour so on this particular recipe I used All Purpose Un-Bleached Flour.
- 1 3/4 C Unsweetend Almond Milk
- 1 Banana, Mashed
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 1/3 C Pure Honey
- 2 C Flour
- 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP Nutmeg
- 2 TBSP Baking Powder
- 1 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a large bowl whisk together milk, banana, vanilla and honey.
- Add in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder and stir until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir lightly.
- Heat a griddle on medium low heat and grease with butter or baking spray.
- Using a 1/3 C measuring cup pour mixture onto preheated griddle.
- Once bubbles begin to emerge from the top of the pancake it is time to flip.
- Cook this side for 3-4 minutes until soft and fluffy.
- Continue to repeat process until all pancakes are made.
- Top with a fruit topping and syrup and even whipped cream should you dare!