These Chocolate Pecan Crinkle Cookies may require some time before getting to eat them, but they are totally worth the wait!
This recipe for Chocolate Pecan Crinkle Cookies are easy to whip up! Although you’ll need to wait for about 2 hours for the mixture to chill, putting the ingredients together and baking them is a cinch. When making these cookies for guests, be sure to have enough time budgeted to be sure that your cookies will be ready to serve as soon as the doorbell rings!
These Chocolate Pecan Crinkle Cookies can be made for family, party desserts and gifts! No one can say no to a warm batch of these crinkles. Depending on how long you bake them, they can be gooey or crumbly. You can also get help from your kids to switch up the recipe to suit an occasion from Halloween to Easter!
Why it works:
- Pecans add a sweet and nutty crunch to the soft crinkles.
- Unsweetened chocolate makes it easy to add a strong chocolate flavor to a recipe.
- Vanilla gives another dimension of sweetness and aroma to the cookies.
- Give these cookies a fruity twist by adding some mashed banana into the mix.
- Why not add some peanut butter chips and drizzle the cookies with chocolate after baking? Yum!
- For extra sweetness, go for using three kinds of chocolate like cocoa powder, white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate!
- Add some spice into these crinkles by throwing in some cinnamon for extra flavor. You can also make a batch of crinkles with some peppermint flavoring too. Perfect for the holidays!
- For special occasions like Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Easter, why not change up the recipe and add in some food coloring to fit your gifts, giveaways and parties.
What you’ll need to make Chocolate Pecan Crinkle Cookies:
- 1/2 a cup of Shortening
- 1 and 2/3 cup of Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 squares of Unsweetened Chocolate (melted)
- 2 cups of Flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Salt
- 1/3 of a cup of Milk
- 1/2 a cup of Pecans
- Powdered Sugar for topping
How to make Chocolate Pecan Crinkle Cookies:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your cookie sheet.
In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream together shortening, sugar, and vanilla.
Beat in eggs one at a time, and then chocolate.
Add your creamed mixture to your flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Blend well.
Fold in pecans.
Chill for 2 hours.
Form into 1-2 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.
Place on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool.
Serve and enjoy!
Other recipes you should try:
Chocolate Pecan Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 2/3 c sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate (melted)
- 2 c sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/2 c pecans
- powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your cookie sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together shortening, sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, and then chocolate.
- Add your creamed mixture to your flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Blend well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Form into 1-2 inch balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!