Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a great option when you don’t have time to babysit boiling water on the stove!
There are some crazy ideas that I come up with. This was one of them! TT was turning 6 and while we traditionally have done Chicken Over Rice for birthday dinners, this year she asked for Ham, Cinnamon Apples and Mashed Potatoes. I was already shooting the video for the Cinnamon Apple recipe and had zero time to babysit boiling water on the stove. I decided to throw the Mashed Potatoes into the Crock Pot and see what would happen.
Well let me tell you, they turned out AMAZING! I did put the potatoes in quartered, but, to cook faster about half way through the Hubby cut them up again and they were good to go after 4 hours. This would be a fabulous option for either Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners as there is limited space on the stove.
- 4-6 Russet Potatoes, cubed
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 3 TBSP Milk
- 2 TBSP Garlic Salt
- 2 TBSP Sour Cream
- Placed cubed potatoes, butter, milk & garlic salt in crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Stir in sour cream and mash potatoes until your desired consistency.
- If potatoes seem to dry, add 2-3 TBSP milk until you get the desired consistency you like.
- Pampered Chef Dutch Oven Slow Cooker (you can use the Dutch Oven as a pot too – in the microwave, in the oven or on the stove!)
- Mix N Chop
A few other recipes you may like: