If you are looking for a hearty meal that is sure to warm you up, you should definitely want to try this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. This is a family favorite around here! I love letting this cook all day in my slow cooker and when we are done running all of our errands for the day, we get to sit down and enjoy this comfort food dinner.
This Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is incredibly easy to make. Seriously, just add the ingredients as listed below and set your slow cooker then go about your day. You will come home to a delicious and filling home cooked meal and a house that smells amazing.
One thing that I love about this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is that you can basically add any ingredients you would like to it. Most people that I know tend to like their own personal touches to chili, so feel free to mix it up and add some bonus ingredients. Love the taste of garlic, add some in. If you like spice, by all means, fire it up!
What spices do you put in white chicken chili?
With chili, you can change up the seasonings to however you enjoy chili. The basic spices for white chicken chili are cilantro, oregano, chili pepper, salt, and pepper.
How long can you keep white chicken chili?
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili can be stored in the refrigerator or the freezer. When the white chicken chili is stored in the refrigerator it will last 3-4 days. When it is stored in the freezer, the slow cooker white chicken chili will last for 4-6 months.
INGREDIENTS OF SLOW COOKER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salsa verde
- White northern beans
- fire-roasted green chiles
- chicken broth
- cream cheese
- Chili powder
- Cheddar cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
VARIATIONS TO SLOW COOKER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- Skip the cilantro if you aren’t a fan. Add another garnish of choice.
- Want to spice up your chili? Add a few sliced jalapenos to the mixture.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
Add beans, corn, green chiles, and cream cheese (cut in half lengthwise) to your slow cooker.
Then add chicken broth, layer the salsa verde on top, and finish with your two chicken breasts on the top layer.
Season chicken breasts with chili powder, sea salt, pepper, and oregano.
Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
Once done, remove chicken breasts and shred.
Return chicken to slow cooker.
After plating, garnish with lime wedge, sliced avocado, diced cilantro, and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
Other Crock-Pot Recipes You Should Try:
- Crack Chicken Crock-Pot Tacos + Video
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Low Carb Taco Soup
- Crock-Pot Pot Roast
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
SLOW COOKER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 - 16 oz salsa
- 14 oz corn drained
- 30 oz great northern beans drained
- 1 4 oz fire-roasted green chiles diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado sliced thin (garnishment)
- 1 lime cut into wedges (garnishment)
- extra cilantro garnishment
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese garnishment
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Add beans, corn, green chiles, and cream cheese (cut in half lengthwise) to your slow cooker.
- Then add chicken broth, layer the salsa verde on top, and finish with your two chicken breasts on the top layer.
- Season chicken breasts with chili powder, sea salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Once done, remove chicken breasts and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker.
- After plating, garnish with lime wedge, sliced avocado, diced cilantro, and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
Other Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Red Lobster Biscuits Mix + Recipe Video
- Homemade Rolls
- Veggie & Steak Stir Fry
- Homemade Zucchini Lasagna (Keto & Low Carb Friendly)
- Homemade Lasagna with Fresh Ingredients
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- How To Make Pull Apart Rolls
Try These Reader Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
Quite a few of our Slow Cooker Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite slow cooker recipes that we hope you'll also try!