Homemade & Baked Chocolate Donuts
Surprise your kids with these Homemade & Baked Chocolate Donuts for breakfast tomorrow. You can make them the night before and wake up to a sweet breakfast to celebrate a special day!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 C all purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 C pure cane sugar
- 1/3 C dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk use what's on hand
- 1/3 C fat free sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP melted organic coconut oil
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 4 TBSP unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP pure honey
Preheat oven to 350 and spray your donut pan with a baking spray.
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, vanilla extract and oil. Combine.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mixed together.
4. Using a gallon size bag spoon in the donut mixture. Using a pair of scissors snip the bottom corner on one side and pipe into your donut pan. I go around the donut pan 2-3 times to ensure a nice thick round donut.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
6. While the donuts are baking mix the ingredients for the glaze together. In a medium bowl add the honey, vanilla extract and milk. Once those ingredients are mixed well slowly add in your powdered sugar. You are looking for the glaze to come off your whisk with a drizzle.
7. Remove the donuts from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
8. Place the donuts on a wire rack to cool completely and pipe in the remaining donut mixture into your donut pan.
9. To glaze your donuts place the top half of your donut into the glaze. Place bottom side down on the wire rack to let the glaze drip onto the donut. If you are feeling extra sassy go on and dunk the entire donut in the glaze....I did :)
Pour a nice cold glass of milk and enjoy!
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 287mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2.1mg