Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This pasta dish is so easy to make, and really delicious. It's sure to be a favorite, and you can have it anytime with very little preparation. You're gonna' love this!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 pound of Penne Pasta
- 1 medium sweet onion - chopped
- 1 package of sun dried tomatoes
- 1 package of baby spinach - washed and dried or, you can purchase organic spinach already prepared+
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of coarse ground garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of seasoned pepper
- 1 cup cooked crumbled Bacon
- Parmesan cheese - for topping
Turn Instant Pot to the Saute setting and melt butter in bottom of pot.
Add the chicken breasts, and cook until done, about 30 - 45 minutes depending on breast size. When chicken is fully cooked, remove Breasts from pot, and wrap in foil, and set aside. Pour the chicken broth in the Pot, and add the onion, Pasta, cream, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, seasoned pepper, and minced garlic.
Stir, and place lid on Pot until it beeps. Make sure Pot pressure Valve is set to 'SEALING', and press 'manual' button, and set time to 4 minutes.
Allow the pot to build and release pressure automatically.
Once Pasta is done, Pot will beep. Make sure pressure has all been released by turning Valve to 'Venting' setting with a pot holder.
Remove lid from pot and gently stir Pasta.
Add Sun-dried tomatoes, baby spinach, Parmesan cheese, and crumbled bacon.
Cube the cooked chicken, and add to Pot.
Toss all ingredients, and serve topped with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy.
Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1076mg | Potassium: 521mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 515IU | Vitamin C: 11.7mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 1.9mg