Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwich
This sandwich is just wonderful. It's loaded with fruits and veggies and is bursting with flavor. It's a little sweet, a little spicy, and more than a little delicious. You can serve this for lunch, or brunch, weekend suppers, or busy weeknights. You can make it ahead and keep it in the refrigerator, and when you're ready to serve it, just give it a good stir, and spoon it onto your favorite bread, rolls, croissant's or into lettuce cups. You'll keep this one in the favorites.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 3 cups of chopped chicken we used 2 large baked breasts
- 1/2 cup of celery - washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper - washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of green onions - peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of carrots - peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of green and black grapes - washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup honey crisp apple - washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks - drained
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of franks Buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1/8 cup of pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic
If you're baking the chicken breasts, place the breasts in a glass dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake on 400 degrees for about an hour, or until the juices run clear.
Remove from oven and let cool before chopping. If you're buying already prepared chicken breasts, just remove the skin, and place on a chopping mat, and cut chicken into small bite-size pieces. Place in a large serving bowl, and add the chopped celery, red bell pepper, green onions, carrots, green and black grapes, apple, and pineapple chunks. Place the bowl in the refrigerator while you make the dressing.
In a small bowl, whisk together the Mayonnaise, buffalo sauce, sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, and minced garlic, until smooth and creamy. Remove the bowl of chicken salad from refrigerator, and pour the dressing over the chicken salad.
Toss with two spoons to coat chicken, fruit, and vegetables in dressing. Serve immediately, or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, stir the chicken salad well before placing on bread, rolls, croissant's, or on a bed of lettuce. May be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Calories: 476kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 876mg | Potassium: 468mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 3610IU | Vitamin C: 37.5mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.4mg