How to Make the Highly Requested Crack Corn Dip
The perfect appetizer corn dip made with corn, jalapenos, cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, and bacon. Serve with chips.
What do I need to get started?
- Corn – canned or frozen
- Jalapenos – use more or less according to the spiciness you prefer
- Colby Jack cheese – you can use any cheese you like
- Sour cream – this adds creaminess to the dip
- Cream cheese
- Bacon – you can mix it in at the end or just sprinkle some over the top
- Cilantro – or parsley
- Queso Fresco – this is optional, but gives a lovely finish
- Limes – squeeze a bit of fresh juice over the dip and serve some lime wedges with the dish
- Chips – I prefer frito scoops, but any chip is fine
If you’re looking for a crowd pleaser dip for summer or a potluck, this one is a winner! Depending on your guests spice preference, you can add more or less jalapenos as necessary.
- Save a bit of the corn water if using canned. If the dip is too thick, you can add a little to thin it out.
- This dip is extra good with some queso fresco and cilantro sprinkled on top and some fresh lime juice.
- You can wait to add the cream cheese until shortly before serving. Just give it enough time to melt and mix in.
- You can also serve this with pickled jalapenos for those that like it spicier.
Warning: this crack corn dip is addicting! Enjoy!
Crockpot Jalapeno Corn Dip
- 2 15.25 ounce cans 3 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 jalapenos – seeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese cubed
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup queso fresco
- 1 lime half juiced, half cut into wedges
- Chips – fritos corn chips, etc.
- Place the corn, jalapenos, colby jack, sour cream and *cream cheese in the slow cooker. Turn on low for 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add the bacon and stir, saving some for the top.
- Remove and sprinkle with cilantro, queso fresco and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve with your choice of chips.
cream cheese and let it melt. Stir to combine.