Try this delicious maple bacon apple cake with no bake cheesecake layer and maple bacon frosting! Your guests will love you forever!
Maple Bacon Apple Cake with No-Bake Cheesecake Layer and Maple Bacon Frosting
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups chunky cinnamon applesauce*
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Maple No-Bake Cheesecake Ingredients
- 3 8 ounce packages cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Maple Bacon Frosting Ingredients
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temp
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ pound bacon cooked, drained, and chopped in food processor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 9-inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom of each pan with a circle of parchment paper.
- Cook 1 pound of bacon (½ for the cake and ½ for the frosting), until crispy, using your favorite bacon cooking method. Drain grease, patting dry with paper towels. Chop into manageable pieces, and then process in a food processor with dicing option into tiny pieces.
- Mix wet ingredients and then add all the dry ingredients and ½ of the bacon and stir to combine until just mixed but smooth. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly between the two cake pans and bake for 37-45 minutes (mine was right at 40), or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Set cake aside to let it cool in the pans for 30 minutes to an hour, and then drag a knife along the outside of the cake to make sure it isn’t sticking to the pan at all before removing the cake from the pan.
- Level the cakes using a leveler to remove the curved top. Toss top, or use in another recipe like cake pops or cake truffles.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth, with a hand-held mixer. Mix in maple syrup.
- In a standing mixer, whip heavy cream until thick.
- Stir whipped cream into the cream cheese and sugar mixture until smooth.
- Spray a 9-inch cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and place a parchment circle on the bottom of the pan. Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan and spread out evenly. Refrigerate the cheesecake layer for 4 hours or overnight, and then put in the freezer for 20 minutes before assembling the cake.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese together. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time until it reaches frosting consistency. Add in bacon and maple syrup and mix in.
- To assemble the cake, start with one of the layers top side down on a cake plate. Add a small amount of frosting over the cake layer, and then add the cheesecake layer. With a knife, scrape away any excess cheesecake layer that hangs over the cake, so it is even with the cake.
- Add a small amount of frosting to the top of the cheesecake layer and then top with the remaining cake layer, top side down, and finish frosting the cake as desired.