Red, White, and Blue Chocolate Covered Popcorn
Make this fun red white and blue dessert idea! Patriotic chocolate covered popcorn is delicious and it’s such fun colors.
Tools used in this recipe:
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Glass prep bowl
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Patriotic paper cone cups
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup mini m&ms
- 1 cup cheerios
- 1 cup plus ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the popcorn, pretzels, m&ms, cheerios, and ½ cup of the white chocolate chips.
- In another microwave safe bowl, melt the 1 cup white chocolate chips in 20 second increments until smooth.
- Stir the coconut oil into the white chocolate until melted and combined.
- Drizzle the white chocolate mixture over the snack mix and toss to coat.
- Spread the mixture onto your prepared baking sheet into an even layer to allow the white chocolate to harden.
- Once the white chocolate coating has hardened, serve as desired.
Sub in regular m&ms, peanut m&ms, or any other variety for the mini m&ms if desired.
You can use 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in place of the coconut oil if preferred.
This snack mix is best served within 1-2 days of mixing, as the popcorn will become stale.