How to Make Amaretto Cherries
Make some fun drunken cherries for your next holiday party! They are so fun for New Year’s Eve and Christmas! We like to make ameretto cherries but you could also use whipped cream vodka too!
- After 24 hours you have a perfect balance of Amaretto and Maraschino cherry flavor. If you let the cherries marinate for 36 hours, the Amaretto flavor will be stronger than the cherries.
- If you are making multiple jars, melt only a little of the chocolate at a time. Remember, you don’t want the cherries to be wet as it will ruin the chocolate.
- Please note that I used Maraschino cherries, you can make drunken cherries with fresh cherries, however, flavors and marinating time may differ.
- Storage: Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Have fun with the recipe:
- Change the alcohol
- Use a flavored chocolate chip
- Use different sprinkles
Christmas Drunk Cherries
Use holiday sprinkles of red, green, and white for Christmas time!
- 1 jar 10 ounces of Maraschino cherries
- 4 ounces Amaretto or your preferred alcohol. Gin, Vodka, Whiskey, or even Rum
- 4 ounces of white chocolate chips you can also use white melts
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- Drain the jar of Maraschino cherries. (Keep the juice for fun Mocktails)
- Fill it back with Amaretto. Make sure are cherries are covered
- Close with the lid and place in the refrigerator for 24 to 36 hours.
- Line a plate with 2 paper towels.
- Drain the Amaretto from the jar. (Keep it for fun drinks)
- Place the cherries on the paper towel and pat dry, as much as you can. Set aside.
- In a microwave bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave. Sometimes you may want to add a drop of oil to help melt it.
- Once the chocolate is melted, take one dry cherry and dip the end of the cherry then roll into the sprinkles.
- Set on parchment paper to harden and repeat for all the cherries.
- Serve and Enjoy!