Cream Cheese Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Switch up your classic green casserole this year for the holidays by adding bacon, cream cheese, and mushrooms! Your family and friends will thank you! I like to make this for my Thanksgiving parties but it’s also well loved at Christmas time too. Make sure to check out our crockpot green baccn casserole recipe, too!
What ingredients do I need to make this casserole?
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- Cream cheese
- Half and half
- Garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- Ground pepper
- 2 cans cut green beans
- Fried onions
This green bean casserole is so cheesy and has the perfect amount of crunch and saltiness with the onions/bacon!
Green Bean Casserole with Bacon
- 12 ounces bacon about 10 thick cut pieces
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms sliced
- 2 10.5- ounce cans cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup half and half
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 14.5- ounce cans cut green beans drained
- 6 ounces fried onions divided
- Preheat the oven to 350℉
- In a large skillet or frying pan, cook the bacon (in batches if needed) over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until cooked, but not crispy.
- Reserve about 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease in the skillet. Drain the cooked bacon on paper towels and then chop it into pieces.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the bacon grease and cook over medium heat until softened. Drain any excess grease and set the mushrooms aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the soup, cream cheese, half and half, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and pepper together until combined.
- Gently fold in the mushrooms, drained green beans, 1 cup of the fried onions, and about ⅔ of the chopped bacon.
- Spread the green bean mixture into the 9×13” baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Then top with the remaining fried onions and chopped bacon and bake for 5-10 minutes more or until the onions are golden brown.
● You can use fresh or frozen green beans in this recipe if you cook them until they are tender before adding them.
● If you do not want to use cream of mushroom soup, you can use your favorite homemade recipe instead.
● You can also substitute other condensed soups for the cream of mushroom. Cream of chicken, french onion, and cheddar cheese soups would work well in this recipe.
● Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.