This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make these fun and creepy zombie cupcakes for your halloween party.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix any brand + ingredients
- 1 tub of white frosting
- Yellow gel food coloring
- Green gel food coloring
- 24 cupcake liners
- Black gel icing or frosting
- Wilton red sparkle gel
- Large Halloween candy eyes I used Wilton – they are starting to come out in the craft stores
- Line two 12 count cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine the cake mix ingredients according to package directions for cupcakes and bake according to package directions.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- Scoop the white frosting into a dish and add 3 drops of yellow food coloring and 1 drop of green (3:1 ratio). Stir to combine and repeat if needed.
- Generously frost each cupcake with the bright green frosting.
- Give each Zombie two eyes.
- Use the black gel icing to make a mouth (or black frosting)
- Use the Wilton red Sparkle gel icing to finish the Zombie with some ‘blood’.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.
Leave a Reply