This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Mashed Potatoes in the Instant Pot
If you need a delicious side of mashed potatoes for your dinner, consider using your instant pot instead of stove! The instant pot is so much quicker than anything else.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make creamy mashed potatoes.
You will need to do some prep work if you don’t like skins in your mashed potatoes. Just peel and chop them in smaller pieces.
Yum my family always has second helpings on the potatoes!
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 2.5 lb potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- More butter for serving
- Chopped chives
- Wash, peel and roughly cut the potatoes into halves.
- Peel and mince the garlic then set aside.
- Add the chopped potatoes, minced garlic and chicken stock to the Instant Pot, put the lid on and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the 10 minutes are finished, quick release the steam in the Instant Pot, and open the lid.
- Sieve the chicken stock from the potatoes in the sink and place the cooked potatoes back into the Instant Pot.
- Add the butter, heavy cream and salt into the pot, and get a potato masher, and mash the potato until it is all smooth.
- Transfer the mashed potato to a serving dish, sprinkling on chopped chives and optional butter.
Leave a Reply