How to Make Grinch Inspired Pretzel Treats
If you’re looking for a fun and unique Christmas treat this year, make these grinch pretzel bites! They are so adorable and the sweet caramel with the salty pretzel mix is TO DIE FOR!
They are so addicting there are never any left on my platter when I bring these to Christmas dinner.
Have your kids help you make these grinch pretzels because they are fun!
Grinch Pretzel Bites
- 48 Mini Pretzels
- 12 Soft Caramels
- 1 Cup Vibrant Green Candy Melts
- ¼ Cup Kelly Green Candy Melts
- 1-2 Tbsp Shortening
- Heart Shaped Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the caramels and cut them in half with a sharp knife.
- Lay 24 of the pretzels in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet (you may need 2 baking sheets or to work in batches depending on the size)
- Lay ½ of a caramel on each pretzel.
- Place in the oven for about 5 minutes or until caramels are softened.
- Remove from the oven and quickly press the remaining pretzels into the caramel.
- Allow the pretzels to cool completely.
- Place candy melts in the bowl of a double boiler or in a heat safe bowl over a pan of water. Heat over med/high heat stirring frequently until completely melted. If necessary to achieve a smooth consistency add in shortening a tsp at a time until the melts are perfectly smooth.
- Dip the pretzels in the candy melts to cover about ⅔ of the pretzel. Place back on the parchment lined baking sheet and gently press a heart shaped sprinkle into the soft chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake