How to Cook Meatballs in the Oven
There’s nothing better than homemade meatballs on top of your spaghettis noodles! Those frozen meatballs in a bag don’t come close to the flavors in these bad boys!
You just need a few ingredients to make fresh homemade meatballs in your oven.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion diced small
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with foil or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, egg, spices, onion, and breadcrumbs. Use your hands or a silicone spatula to mix.
- Roll the meatball mixture into 2-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 18-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Serve with your favorite sauce over pasta or alone.
If using a dark-coated baking sheet, flip the meatballs halfway through cooking to ensure that they don’t blacken on the bottoms.
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!