It’s getting chilly outside which means it’s soup season! Try this instant pot chicken noodle soup for your family. It’s so easy and quick!
We love using our instant pot during the winter, it makes dinner a snap!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 medium carrots peeled and cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 4 ribs celery chopped optional
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into cubes, cooked (if using raw chicken, see step 3)
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- Turn your Instant Pot to Sauté mode. Once the pot is hot, add in your oil, carrots and onion. Stir well until the carrots and onions are soft and cooked. This should take about 3 minutes. Add the garlic to the veggies. Stir and mix well.
- Hit cancel on your Instant Pot. Add in your seasonings: oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Mix well.
- Add in your chicken broth and water. (If using raw chicken, place your raw chicken, place your diced cubes of chicken into the pot. Make sure the liquid is covering them well.).
- Close the Instant Pot by twisting the lid on. Close the valve. Set the Instant Pot to High Pressure for 7 minutes. To reach pressure, it will take about 20 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, allow it to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Using a hot pad or towel, manually release by twisting the valve towards you.
- Open the Instant Pot. Remove the bay leaf with a spoon.
- Press Cancel on your Instant Pot. Then select Sauté mode. Add the egg noodles to the pot, and stir well so the liquid covers the noodles. Allow the noodles to simmer for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve in a bowl alongside your favorite sandwich or crackers! Season with more salt or pepper to your liking! Enjoy!