How to Make a Jello Poke Cake
This strawberry poke cake is my favorite dessert to make in the summer time! It’s ridiculously easy and actually fun to make! You can poke the holes using a straw or the end of a wooden spoon.
I always have my 5 year old son help me because he loves to help in the kitchen!
It’s important for you to let it cool and chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
This jello poke cake is so perfect to bring to potlucks or BBQ’s! Make sure to also try our strawberry cheesecake poke cake!
Strawberry Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 3 oz package strawberry jello mix
- 1 8 ounce package of Cool Whip whipped topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool, then using the handle of a wooden spoon poke holes over each inch of the cake. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the boiling water and jello. Whisk together until fully combined, then pour the jello mixture evenly over the top of the cake.
- Place the cake into the refrigerator and let it cool for 2 hours.
- Spread the whipped topping over the cooled cake and top with fresh strawberries as desired before serving.
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake