Creamy Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
My favorite way to make macaroni and cheese for my family is to use my good ol’ crockpot! It makes life so much easier when I don’t have to stand at a stove.
You just dump all the ingredients in and set it and forget it! If you don’t want to risk the noodles being overcooked or undercooked you CAN make those separately before you eat and mix together. All crockpots are different temps so just keep this in mind.
This macaroni and cheese is so dreamy creamy and your family will love you for it!
Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 12 ounce cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup ½ stick butter
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Cream cheese cubed*
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine the uncooked pasta along with milks, butter, cheeses, salt and pepper.
- Stir well, making sure macaroni is submerged in the liquid as much as possible.
- Cover and cook on low heat for approximately 1 ½ – 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes, until the pasta is cooked through and the sauce is thickened.
- Sauce will continue to thicken after lid is removed and as the macaroni sits.