Every year I make rolo pretzel turtles but sometimes it’s time to switch up your traditions! Try these savory and sweet caramel bacon pretzel turtles to impress your family and guests.
With only 5 delicious ingredients you will have the most unique dessert at a holiday party!
Make the pecans look like a starfish and continue to add the topping layers!
Add some square pretzels on top of the pecans.
Then pour the caramel on top so they form together.
Then the last and best parts – chocolate and bacon!
Caramel & Bacon Pretzel Turtles
- 120 pecan halves approx. 3½ cups
- 6 pcs bacon cooked crisp and crumbled small
- 12 oz. chocolate chips can use milk or semi-sweet
- 24 waffle pretzels square
- 11 oz. caramel squares 1 bag
- Lay out pretzels and pecans on a parchment covered surface. There should be 5 pecans per pretzel, laid out to form a head and four legs.
- Place caramels and milk in a microwave-safe cup. Heat in 15-second increments until melted, stirring between each heating. You want it nicely warm and melted but not really hot. It should be slightly thick.
- Using a spoon, drop caramel onto each pretzel square, overlapping onto the legs and head to make sure everything stays together. If caramel thickens too much while doing this, simply pop it back into the microwave for about 10 seconds to remelt. Set the turtles aside to cool for about 35 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tbsp. water. Microwave in short increments until melted, stirring between heatings. This also should be warm and fluid but not hot. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate onto the turtles and sprinkle with the crumbled bacon. Cool and enjoy. Be sure to store between layers of parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake