How to Make Crispy French Fries in the Oven
French fries are always the best side to make at home with your meal! We mostly make them with grilled hamburgers or sloppy joes. They are actually super easy to make in the oven! They come out crisp and fresh every time!
It’s important to always soak your potatoes right after you cut them or they will turn a brown color!
How to Cut Potatoes into French Fries
First peel the potato (you can leave skin on if you prefer). Slice off one side of the potato and place it down flat so it doesn’t move. Cut strips all the way across. Then stack the slices and thinly cut french fries. Place in a bowl of water.
You need to flip them half way through the cooking process to evenly get them crispy.
How do you reheat french fries in the oven? Pre-heat your oven to 400-425 degrees F. Cover your cookie sheet with tin foil and put in the oven as it preheats. Take it out and and lay the french fries in an even layer. Bake for 4-5 minutes until crispy and golden.
Oven Baked French Fries
- 5 potatoes scrubbed and cut into strips
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons steak seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- First peel the potatoes (you can leave skin on if you prefer). Slice off one side of the potato and place it down flat so it doesn't move. Cut strips all the way across. Then stack the slices and thinly cut french fry strips.
- Fill a bowl large enough to fit all of the potato strips with cold water and stir in the salt.
- Soak the potatoes in the water for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Drain and dry the potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the potato strips in a clean bowl and toss with the olive oil, seasoning and shredded cheese.
- Space the fries out on two greased cookie sheets and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once. If your oven cannot bake the two sheets side by side, rotate the cookie sheets’ position for even baking.
- The fries are done when they are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Try These Reader Favorite Side Dish Recipes
Quite a few of our Side Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite keto recipes that we hope you'll also try!