If you need a quick dinner idea that uses ground beef, this is a winner with the family! A frito pie!
Most of the ingredients can be found in your pantry and fridge!
The crunch of the frito chips and the flavors of the beef go great together.
Cheesy goodness! My husband always goes for seconds and thirds with this meal.
- 1 lb beef
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic smashed and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 bag Fritos
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Scoop the ground beef into a clean bowl and add the olive oil to the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute before adding the ground beef back into the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the seasoning to the skillet, along with the enchilada sauce, corn, black beans and diced tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread half the bag of Fritos along the bottom of a 9″x16″ casserole dish. Top with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Scoop the skillet mixture overtop of the cheese layer, then top with remaining Fritos and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!