Looking for a homemade cream of mushroom soup recipe? This one is better than the condensed cans!
Using fresh mushrooms, you can’t beat the flavors in this soup!
This is a great cream of mushroom soup substitute when you don’t have a can in the pantry.
So creamy and delicious!
Homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms* sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 & ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup half and half
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- In a medium-sized stockpot, add the butter over medium heat until melted and foamy. Add the mushrooms and garlic, cook until softened, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Bring to a boil.
- While the stock is coming to a boil, add the half & half and the flour to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Once the stock is boiling, stream in the half & half mixture while whisking constantly to ensure no lumps. Continue to cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Take off the heat and use as any condensed soup.