How to Make Carrot Cake Bread
Make some delicious carrot cake bread for your family this spring! It’s always a family favorite to make for our Easter party to share. There are never any leftovers!
The crunch and flavors just burst in your mouth but the cream cheese frosting on top is my favorite part!
- 1 and ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup butter melted
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese softened, room temp
- ¼ cup 2 oz butter, very soft
- 2 cup powdered sugar sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat eggs with a handheld mixer until smooth, butter, add sugars, vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Mix on low until everything combines.
- Fold in carrot and pour into a 9 x 5 inch loaf tin (greased or lined with parchment paper). Top with more nuts as desired. Make a small cut lengthwise about ½ inch deep in the center of the bread.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few breadcrumbs.
- Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make frosting. Beat cream cheese until creamy and add softened butter. Mix on low until both combined. Gradually stir in the powdered sugar.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the bread. Top with chopped walnuts.
Frosting is optional and a simple ½-1 cup powdered sugar mixed with a few spoonfuls of milk would work too.
Every oven is different, I recommend checking the bread towards the last 20-25 minutes. If the top gets too brown, cover with foil until the end.