How to Make Easter Egg Shaped Sugar Cookies
Make some adorable Easter egg sugar cookies for your Easter party this year! They are so fun to decorate with the kids!
You can also add any sprinkles or different colored frosting too!
Easter Egg Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2¼ cup flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- food coloring: yellow purple, blue, green, and pink
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars. Beat until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda. Combine well.
- Split dough into five separate bowls.
- Add one color to each bowl.
- Work dough until the color is even throughout.
- On a floured surfaced, roll dough to ¼-inch thick.
- Cut out egg shaped cookies and place them 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Reroll dough as needed.
- Bake 6-7 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- To make frosting, in a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar together.
- Add 1 tablespoons of milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- If it is too thick, add more milk. If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Transfer frosting to a large ziplock bag. Cut a small corner off so you can pipe your
- decorations onto cooled cookies.