I can honestly say this is in my top 3 dinners of all time. It is so delicious, the flavors just burst in your mouth! I would of never thought these ingredients would work so well together.
The fresh pico de gallo is so flavorful with the crunch of the homemade fries. You have to try this!
Carne Asada Fries Topped with Pico De Gallo
- 1 sirloin steak
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2-3 Medium size Russet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/3 cup Colby Jack Cheese shredded
Pico De Gallo Topping
- 1 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup White Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- Preheat the broiler to high. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Season the steak with garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin on both sides. Place on the cookie sheet. Broil on top rack for 4 minutes, take it out of the oven then flip and broil for 4 more minutes.
- Remove steak from oven and tent it in tin foil (it will continue cooking).
- Meanwhile cut the russet potatoes lengthwise into fries. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and lay flat and evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Turn off broiler then set oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roast on bottom rack for 10 minutes. Flip them and bake for another 10 minutes until browned.
- Slice the steak into thin strips and lay on top of the fries. Top with the cheese and bake for 3-4 minutes until melted.
Pico de Gallo
- Chop the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno and toss in a bowl. Squeeze lime on top and stir.
- Sprinkle the pico de gallo on top of the cheesy fries and serve!
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!