Make this delicious instant pot Italian sausage chili! It’s super easy and fast to make.
Instant Pot Italian Sausage Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 bell peppers I used 1 red, 1 green, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups stock or broth
- Garnishes: fresh chopped parsley shredded parmesan cheese, chopped green onion
- Have all the ingredients chopped and measured out and ready to go before cooking.
- Chop veggies, measure out spices/seasonings and broth, open cans and rinse beans.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute. Once it’s hot, add olive oil, then onion and peppers. Saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and the meats. Cook until meat is no longer pink, breaking up into small bits. Add in seasonings and stir just until combined.
- Cancel saute mode and add remaining ingredients: tomatoes with their juices, rinsed beans, tomato sauce and broth. Stir to combine.
- Make sure vent is set to Seal. Set Pot to manual, high pressure cook, for 18 minutes.
- When pot beeps, allow to natural release for 10 minutes. Then manual vent any remaining pressure. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve in bowls garnished with fresh herbs, and grated parmesan cheese, with a side of garlic bread.
- The Italian sausage gives this recipe an added layer of flavor. Choose any type of italian sausage you desire. This will determine how spicy the chili is! (I used a combination of hot/spicy and sweet sausages)
- The leaner your ground beef, the less rendered fat you will have to drain (if you choose to drain it off)
- Store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Can also freeze for 3 months.