This Easy Cream Cheese Frosting is the ultimate go-to when it comes to making desserts! Add it to your repertoire and you’ll easily be able to make yummy desserts for any occasion.
Cream Cheese Frosting is very simple to make and is a classic topping and filling for desserts. You can never really go wrong with something as effortless and satisfying as this frosting. It goes with every sweet treat!
Revamp this basic Cream Cheese Frosting to create your own flavors! This recipe is very easy to dress up from adding simple color to making something more flavorful and sweet. You will enjoy coming up with different ways to make it with your family.
Why it works:
- Cream cheese simply has a rich and milky taste that goes perfectly with baked goodies.
- Vanilla extract is a classic and versatile flavor to any dessert which is easy to change up to suit your tastes.
- Start with the basics: add sprinkles, marshmallows, chocolate chips, nuts and cherries on top!
- To jazz up this basic cream cheese frosting recipe, you can add a zest of lemon, orange, key lime or pineapple into the mix to give a fruity punch! Why not make a variety of frosting for a batch of cupcakes? They would be awesome on your next dessert spread at a gathering.
- Sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top of your icing. You can also toast the coconut for added flavor.
- Add in some strawberry jam to your frosting! Not only does it give a fruity flavor, but it also gives the frosting a hint of pink!
- Whip up dreamy cream cheese frosting by adding in some chocolate. Perfect for when you have those sweet cravings!
- Speaking of chocolate, you can spice up your desserts by using chilli chocolate! This is especially great for Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
- Use spices like cinnamon or allspice to make your frosting aromatic. Your desserts will be a feast for the eyes, taste buds and your nose!
- Fluff things up by adding whipped cream! It’ll be like biting into a cloud.
- For the adults, mix in some brown butter and Bourbon to make tipsy dessert.
- Be sure to mix the frosting thoroughly especially when adding other flavors in to make sure that the taste is consistent all throughout.
What you need to make this delicious frosting:
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1 c of powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp of milk (you can add more if you want to thin it out more)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
How to make this Easy Cream Cheese Frosting:
In a big bowl, add in softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix well and add in your milk and vanilla. If it is too thick add in another tablespoon of milk until you get it how you like.
Set aside until the rolls are done baking.
Other recipes you can try with this frosting:
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a big bowl, add in softened cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Mix well and add in your milk and vanilla. If it is too thick add in another tablespoon of milk until you get it how you like.
- Set aside until the rolls are done baking.