Funfetti cookies are soft sugar cookies loaded with colorful candy sprinkles. This Funfetti cookies recipe is made from scratch, quickly and easily! The cookies are a favorite amongst my girls and their friends! I hope they will be a favorite of your family’s as well!
It’s taken me 3 years to perfect my Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. I LOVE my cookies super soft like a Soft Batch cookie and just haven’t been able to duplicate it…yet! However, this Funfetti cookies recipe is pretty damn close.
How do you make cookies soft and chewy?
The trick is to not over bake the cookies. I mean if you like a crunchy cookie you totally can, but, this recipe involves chilling the dough AND under baking the cookie.
I don’t care what anyone tells you, but, NEVER, open the door when you are baking. It releases the heat, increasing the baking time. That tends to brown or burn the edges as there is a time restraint, so PLEASE, leave the oven door shut and put a timer on.
That brings me to another tip. Some ovens thermostats are off. For instance, when we moved into our new house, I noticed that the oven ripped! It was way too hot and I was lightly burning a lot of my baked goods.
So I now turn the oven down 25 degrees from whatever the temperature calls for. However, I tell ya’ll the correct temperature to use in the recipe below. You know your oven the best, so just experiment if you have to!
What else can you add to Funfetti cookies?
This recipe is one that can be adapted to whatever “special ingredient” you would like to add. So if you want a White Chocolate Chip cookie, add white chocolate chips instead of the sprinkles, or use both. This dough recipe is versatile!
The step you don’t want to skip is chilling the dough. This helps the cookies keep their shape.
More Tips for Perfect Cookies
- When you are making cookies, use a cookie scoop so that all the cookies are the same size.
- Also, when you put the dough onto your baking sheet, be sure to squeeze the dough so that it is taller than it is wide. This helps prevent them from spreading.
Funfetti Cookies from Scratch
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ Cups Funfetti Sprinkles
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch in a large bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract. Add egg beating well and then add in the egg yolk and beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in funfetti sprinkles.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon (or a 4cm ice cream scoop) onto un greased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. The cookies will appear puffy, but, will thin out once they cool. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I love to see what you are creating in your kitchens! Feel free to share your results of the Funfetti cookies recipe with me on Facebook or Instagram. And, be sure to follow me over on Pinterest for more Heavenly Recipes.