This sausage dip recipe makes the best party dip! A warm cheesy dip with two kinds of cheese, and it’s packed with mild sausage and veggies.
One of the problems that I often face in my kitchen is the need to feed a crowd without going broke. Whether it’s my family of 5 or hosting a party I don’t like to spend a whole bunch of money and want to make sure the food is delicious and A LOT of it.
This Sausage Dip was inspired by The Pioneer Woman’s Queso Fundido Recipe. I put my own spin on it, using ingredients that I had on hand.
Remember that recipes are to be used as inspiration. So if your family doesn’t like a ingredient or you would like to add to it, by all means, experiment! That’s the only way you are going to teach yourself how to cook and create Heavenly Recipes in your own kitchen.
Sausage dip recipe add-ins:
You can totally make this sausage dip recipe with black beans, corn, and even jalapenos, kicking the heat up a notch.
When I made this the first time, I had to keep the heat to a minimum just in case the kids wanted to try it. They didn’t end up eating it, so the next time, I’ll add a bit more spice by adding a teaspoon or so of ground cumin and a little more cayenne pepper.
WW FreeStyle Plan: 79 SmartPoints for entire batch. Divide and serve as desired.
More easy party dip recipes
If you are hosting a large party, you will want more than one type of dip. Make some sausage dip, but make some of these dip recipes, too:
Sausage Dip Recipe with Veggies
- 1 Roll Bob Evans Mild Sausage
- 1 Green Onion Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 8 oz. Mozzarella shredded
- 1 8 Colby shredded
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- In a large skillet brown sausage.
- Scoop out sausage and drain on a paper towel.
- Add onion and green pepper into the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes until they are soft and tender.
- Remove onion and pepper from the skillet.
- In the skillet place a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Layer with pepper/onion mixture and then sausage.
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used.
- You will want the cheese to cover the sausage.
- Place diced tomato on top and bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla cheese and enjoy this Heavenly Recipe.
I love to see what you are creating in your kitchens! Feel free to share your results of this Sausage Dip Recipe with me on Facebook or Instagram. And, be sure to follow me over on Pinterest for more Heavenly Recipes.
Try These Reader Favorite Appetizer Recipes
Quite a few of our Appetizer Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite appetizer recipes that we hope you'll also try!