Make chocolate glazed doughnuts at home in your oven. Your family will go nuts for these.
Baked Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- ● 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ● ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ● 1 tsp baking soda
- ● 2 tsp baking powder
- ● ¾ cup brown sugar
- ● ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ● ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ● pinch salt
- ● 2 cups powdered sugar
- ● 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ● 3-4 tbsp hot water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a doughnut pan (super well!) and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. (The flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg and salt.)
- Add in your wet ingredients (melted butter, eggs and milk).
- Mix well until your batter is nice and smooth.
- Add your batter to an icing bag or a ziploc bag. (These stands come in handy for putting things in bags!)
- Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and pipe the batter into a greased doughnut pan.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- While the doughnuts are baking, mix the powdered sugar, vanilla and hot water in a bowl to make your glaze.
- 1When the doughnuts are done baking remove from the pan and let them cool for just a minute. You want to glaze them while they are still hot!
- 1Dip the doughnut into the glaze and put on a wire rack to cool. (Paper towels underneath will help with clean up!)
Try These Reader Favorite Breakfast Recipes
Quite a few of our Breakfast Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite breakfast recipes that we hope you'll also try!