This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Banana Blondies
Make some delicious banana blondies for your friends and family! We never have any leftovers!
- What will I need to complete this recipe?
You will need the following ingredients:
- Butter – Salted butter was used in these blondies, but unsalted butter can also be used. If using unsalted butter, consider adding a little salt to the blondie batter and the frosting.
- Brown sugar – The brown sugar could be substituted with granulated sugar, or a mixture of half brown sugar and half granulated sugar, however the brown sugar works extremely well with the banana.
- Eggs – 2 large sized eggs were used in this recipe.
- Vanilla extract – The vanilla extract can be substituted with vanilla essence, however using vanilla extract will give the blondies a better vanilla flavor.
- Banana – Use 1 large sized ripe banana for these blondies, the riper the better.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Milk – The milk is used to give the frosting the right spreadable consistency, and you may need more or less than the stated amount.
You will need the following supplies:
- 8 inch square baking tin
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
Store these blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
These blondies are suitable to freeze if the frosting is left off. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To serve, defrost at room temperature before frosting as per the recipe.
- ½ cup / 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
Brown Sugar Frosting
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk as needed
- Preheat oven to 320°F or 160°c. Grease with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper an 8 inch square baking tin. Set aside.
- Add the melted butter and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl. Mix until the butter and brown sugar are well combined. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and mashed banana, and stir until well combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Pour the blondie batter into the prepared baking tin. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges of the blondie have set but the center is still slightly soft. Allow to cool completely in the tin.
- To make the brown sugar frosting, add the melted butter and brown sugar to a small mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. Add the powdered sugar and mix once again until well combined, adding milk if necessary to get a spreadable consistency. Spread over the cooled blondie, then slice into individual pieces.
If the frosting is too thick, add a little extra milk. If the frosting is too thin, add a little extra powdered sugar.