Make this delicious gingerbread poke cake for a holiday dessert! So easy to whip up in no time!
Gingerbread Poke Cake
- 1 box spice cake mix 15.25 oz
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1/2 C molasses
- 1/3 C vegetable oil
- 4 eggs large
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tub Cool Whip 8 o(Chilled in refrigerator
- 1 box Gingerbread cookies 15+ cookies crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep 7×11 cake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the dry cake mix, spices, buttermilk, molasses, eggs, and oil to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Scoop batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-32 minutes. (Or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.) Remove from oven. Set aside cake until it has cooled completely.
- Once the cake has cooled completely poke holes in the cake with a wooden spoon handle (or straw). Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake. Make sure you cover all of the holes on the cake with sweetened condensed milk. Cover the cake and transfer to the refrigerator to chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Take the cake out of the refrigerator. Cover the cake with Cool Whip. Use a spatula to smooth the topping evenly.
- Put the star tip in the pipping bag. Scoop cool whip in the pipping bag. Cover the entire cake with star shaped dollops.
- Sprinkle this with the crushed gingerbread cookies.
- Return to the refrigerator chilling for an additional 2 hours..
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake