For the holidays, switch up your dessert menu! This gingerbread cheesecake is made in your instant pot and is delicious!! The cute little gingerbread sprinkles make the whole thing.
Instant Pot Gingerbread Cheesecake
- 1 bag gingersnaps
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter melted
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese room temp
- 2 large eggs room temp
- ½ C sour cream room temp
- ⅔ C sugar
- 2 TBSP corn starch
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 C heavy cream chilled
- ½ C powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Garnish: Small gingerbread men/ gingerbread sprinkles.
- 7 in springform pan
- Prep pan with nonstick spray.
- Line the sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- Add gingersnaps and brown sugar in the food processor. Blend until the mixture is fine.
- Add the melted butter and gingersnap sugar mixture in a large bowl. Mix until completely combined.
- Spoon the crumb mixture into the prepared pan. Spread the mixture in the pan making an even layer.
- Press the mixture, using the bottom of a glass, into an even layer. With your fingertips press down around the edges of the pan.
- Transfer the crush to the freezer until the batter has been made,
- Add sugar and cornstarch to a small bowl. Mix to blend.
- Add the sugar mixture and cream cheese in the mixing bowl. Beat until combined. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. Lower the speed on the mixer to low.
- (All of the following ingredients should be at room temp)
- Add the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger to the sugar/cream cheese mixture.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl while blending the ingredients. Continue to incorporate all ingredients but don't over mix. Take the crust from the freezer. Add the batter into the pan.
- Lightly tap the pan on the counter to release air bubbles allowing them to rise to the surface. Using a toothpick pop all of the bubbles
Instant Pot Directions:
- Place the Instant Pot on the counter.
- Put a trivet in the Instant pot. Pour 1 cup of water into the pot.
- Cover the pan with foil. Carefully set the pan on the trivet.
- Cook at high pressure for 26 mins.
- Allow a natural pressure release (this will take about 20-30 minutes.)
- Take the pan from the instant pot. Uncover.
- Set the cheesecake aside for about 1 hour to cool to room temp.
- Once the cheesecake is at room temp using a paring knife carefully run the knife around the edge of the cheesecake to separate it from the pan.
- Transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight to set.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan.
- ( Reminder: chill the mixing bowl and beaters.)
- Add chilled whipping cream to a mixing bowl with electric mixer.
- Add sugar and vanilla continue to beat until medium peaks begin to form. (3-4 mins)
- Put a star tip in a piping bag. Scoop the whipped cream into the piping bag. Spread a layer of the whipped cream on the top of the cheesecake.
- Pipe dollops around the edge of the cheese cake. Sprinkle the mini gingerbread men on the dollops. Garnish with small gingerbread men.
Try These Reader Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
Quite a few of our Instant Pot Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite instant pot recipes that we hope you'll also try!
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake