This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make a Peanut Butter Poke Cake
Make this delicious creamy chocolate peanut butter poke cake for your guests! It’s such easy ingredients to whip up together!
What ingredients do I need to make this poke cake?
- Box of chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients listed on the box)
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Whole milk
- Creamy peanut butter
- Tub of chocolate frosting
- Chocolate sauce
- Reeses miniature cups
If you love chocolate and peanut butter, this will be a huge hit for a summer time poke cake dessert!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- 1 15.25 ounce box of chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients listed on the box)
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 ½ cups whole milk chilled
- 1 ¼ cup creamy peanut butter divided
- 1 16-ounce tub of chocolate frosting
- ¼ cup chocolate sauce
- 20 Reeses miniature cups unwrapped and roughly chopped
- Prepare the cake in a 9×13-inch pan according to the package directions. Set the cake aside to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, use a thin round handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes into the cake every 1-1 ½ inches.
- Combine the pudding and milk in a large bowl and whisk until well combined. Add 1 cup of peanut butter to the pudding and whisk until the pudding is smooth and starts to thicken slightly.
- Pour the pudding over the cake and spread it into an even layer with a spatula or spoon, ensuring you press the pudding down into the holes.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least two hours to allow the pudding to set and the flavors to meld. If you plan to refrigerate for longer than two hours, lightly cover the cake with plastic wrap so the pudding doesn’t dry out.
- When you are ready to serve, frost the cake with chocolate frosting.
- Microwave the remaining ¼ cup of peanut butter for 20-30 seconds or until it reaches a pourable consistency. Drizzle the peanut butter and chocolate sauce over the cake.
- Finally, top the cake with the chopped Reeses cups, cut it into slices, and enjoy!
● Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.