This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Try making this egg nog poke cake for the holidays! It’s probably something your guests have never tried before!
Watch me make it live….
Egg Nog Poke Cake
- ½ cup butter room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup eggnog
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Grease and flour a 9×13 cake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar using a hand mixer. Add eggs one at a time. Then, add vanilla and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, mix nutmeg, brown sugar, flour, and baking powder And add to batter. Slowly pour in eggnog and blend well.
- Place in the oven and bake for 34 minutes.
- Prepare frosting. Add cream cheese and powdered sugar to a bowl and blend for 30 seconds. Add vanilla and eggnog and blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- Remove cake from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Using the handle end of a serving spoon poke holes every 1” or so throughout the cake.
- Pour caramel sauce over and into the holes. Use a spatula to evenly coat the cake.
- Add frosting and smooth evenly over the cake.
- Top with cinnamon or nutmeg and enjoy!
Leave a Reply