Fun Grinch Inspired Dessert
These are easy chocolate truffles to make and the bright green color with the heart sprinkle just makes them so cute!
If you don’t like the taste of candy melts, you can also use white chocolate and add green gel food coloring to it.
Grinch Chocolate Truffles
- 2- 4 Oz. Bakers Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Bar Very Finely Chopped
- ⅔ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Green Candy-Coating Chocolate Melted
- Heart Sprinkles
- Combine Chocolate and butter into heat proof bowl. In a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl, heat heavy whipping cream for 45 second, or until hot. Pour over chocolate and mix until chocolate is melted.
- Once thoroughly melted and mixed, pour into aluminum lined pan and place in refrigerator or freezer until firm. Once firm, scoop out 1-inch thick balls, and roll to smooth. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and put back into freezer until firm.
- Once firm, melt green candy-coating chocolate, in 30 second increments, stirring after each. Completely cover truffle in chocolate, shaking off any extra chocolate, and place a heart sprinkle in center on top. Place on parchment lined baking sheet to harden.
- Serve and enjoy!