Valentine’s Day Truffles
These red velvet truffles are one of my favorite Valentine’s Day desserts to make! The inside of the truffle is red which works perfectly for valentines. My husband ate like 6 of them when I made them for his gift ha! Make sure to try our chocolate raspberry truffles too!
I always try to make easy Valentine’s Day treats like this and you only need a few ingredients to do it.
You can decorate the tops of the truffles any way you like! I always like to buy pretty heart sprinkles. You could also just drizzle them all with red/pink candy melts.
The hard shell of the white chocolate gives it a nice crunch into the soft chewy cake inside! To die for! You can also put cake pop sticks in these to make them for gifts. I would put them in a mug and wrap them up for a fun valentine gift!
Red Velvet Truffles
- 1 9×13 cooked red velvet cake, crumbled * I used Duncan Hines cake mix
- 1 Container of cream cheese frosting 16oz
- 1 ½ Bags of white chocolate melting wafers 10z
- 1 cup Red candy melts
- Valentine’s sprinkles
- Prepare a large baking tray or cutting board with parchment paper and set aside
- Mix the crumbled cake with half of the cream cheese frosting, then add more as needed to get a mix that can easily stick together.
- Using your hands or a cookie scoop, form 1 ½ inch balls from the cake mix.
- Place them all evenly on the baking tray.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and in the meantime melt the white chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring each time until it has melted completely.
- Remove the baking sheet from the freezer and work quickly, dip the balls into the white chocolate, drain and set them back down on the tray and let them cool and harden. (You may need to melt the chocolate again halfway through as it starts to thicken up.)
- If you’d like to add sprinkles directly to the dipped truffles without the red candy melt drizzle, sprinkle them on before the chocolate hardens.
- Melt the red candy melts according to the instructions on the package, add it to a Ziploc bag and cut a pin-size hole in the bottom.
- Lightly drizzle it over the truffles and add sprinkles.
- Let the red drizzle harden up then serve.
– These truffles can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake