How to Make a Baileys Irish Cream Cheesecake
Here’s a new favorite dessert to make…a bailey’s Irish Cream cheesecake! The crust is a delicious oreo cookie, with a smooth and creamy bailey flavored cheesecake, then topped with a delicious ganache and fluffy chocolate whipped cream.
You will literally wow your guests with this one!
If you love baileys the drink, you will absolutely go crazy for this cheesecake. Also make sure to try our baileys layered cake too!
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter- melted
- 4 8 oz packages cream cheese- softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream or you can replace with heavy cream
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream- cold
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼-½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9” springform pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies until you get 2 cups of crumbs. Add in salt and butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of the springform pan and using the back of a spoon, gently press the crumbs to form the crust. Be sure to bring the crumbs about 1 inch up the side.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment (or using an electric hand mixer) cream the cream cheese for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and there are no lumps remaining. Mix in the sugar, flour, and cocoa powder and mix until just combined.
- Pour in the heavy cream and Bailey’s and start whisking on low speed, increasing to high for about 1 minute. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add in eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Give one final mix to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the baked crust and gently tap to release any air bubbles.
- Bake on 350 for 15 minutes then, without opening the oven door, reduce heat to 200 and bake for an additional 50 minutes.
- Once the 50 minutes is up, turn the heat off and slightly crack the oven door for about 20-30 minutes to allow the cheesecake to slowly cool. (NOTE: this step is not necessary, however it helps reduce cracking)
- Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the whipping cream and baileys until hot. Pour over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes then whisk until smooth.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes then pour over cooled cheesecake and smooth out evenly.
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- Place the heavy cream into the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Whisk on high speed until it starts to thicken. Add in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract and whisk until stiff peaks. Place whipped cream into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe a circle around the cheesecake.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake