Make a Grinch Themed Appetizer
I’m always on the lookout for new Christmas appetizers to serve to my guests and this year we made a Grinch guacamole appetizer! It’s sure to make the kids and adults have a laugh! The green color of the guacamole works perfectly in molding his face.
I don’t know of many other grinch appetizers so this is a fun idea!
- 4 avocados
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes diced depending on size
- 3 tablespoons of guacamole spice mix we used Epicure Guacamole Dip Mix
- 2 green stuffed olives
- 2 black kalamata olives
- Juice of half a lemon
- Cut all avocados in half and remove the pits. Then take a spoon and slide it gently between the skin of the avocado to separate it from the flesh.
- Mash the avocados with a fork or blend them in a food processor. Add your guacamole spices along with the juice of half a lemon to your avocado mash and combine well.
- Put your guacamole in the center of your plate and mold it into a Grinch's face shape.
- Cut your olives in thin strips lengthwise and make the Grinch's mouth using them.
- Place the two green olives at the top for the eyes (make sure the red center shows).
- Put two slices of black olives for the Grinch's eyebrows and a triangle diced tomato for his nose.
- Put the diced cherry tomatoes in the shape of santa’s hat and add tortilla chips for the "pom pom" of the hat and the rim.
- Finish your grinch platter by adding crackers or veggies around it.