How to Make a Christmas Cheesecake
Impress your guests this holiday with this chocolate peppermint cheesecake! It is absolutely gorgeous and tastes dreamy!
The peppermint candies look so pretty on this cheesecake!
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
- 10 OZ Oreo cookies remove filling
- 1 butter stick
- 4 8 oz packages cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- ¾ cups heavy cream room temperature
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- ⅔ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream cold
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint
- Peppermint Candies
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF degrees.
- Cut a 10-inch circle of parchment paper and place it at the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Then, grease with butter or spray with oil the sides of the pan and set aside.
- Remove the filling of the Oreo cookies and place them in a food processor. Pulse until you get a fine cookie powder.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Oreo powder with melted butter until well combined.
- Move the Oreo mixture to the springform pan and press into the bottom using a measuring cup or another tool with a flat surface to make a uniform crust. Then, bake the Oreo crust for 10 minutes.
- Using a mixer at medium speed, mix the cream cheese and sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time and the heavy cream and mix until you get a smooth consistency.
- Slowly add cacao powder, flour, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, sour cream and flour. Mix until well combined and make sure not to leave any lumps. Note: To avoid lumps, you can use a strainer to add the dry ingredients slowly while you are mixing the batter.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool for 3 hours with the oven door closed. Then, move the cheesecake to the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 2 hours. Note: Make sure to move the cheesecake to the refrigerator when completely cooled, if the cheesecake is still warm, let it cool completely before moving it to the refrigerator.
- In a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream on medium speed for 2 minutes and then increase to high speed until you get a smooth consistency and until your cream form soft peaks. Then add sugar and mint extract and beat until your cream form stiff peaks.
- Using a spatula, spread the whipped cream on top of the cheesecake.
- Then, place mint candies on the edge of the cheesecake and then sprinkle the crushed peppermint over the whipped cream. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake