Try these amazing pumpkin gingersnap cookies this fall! They are always a hit at Thanksgiving!
- 1 stick of sweet cream unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 C sugar
- ½ C pure pumpkin
- ¼ C molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ⅓ C flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- Add the butter and sugar to the mixing bowl continue to to beat until it is creamy and smooth. Slowly add the pumpkin, molasses, egg, and vanilla. Mix until all is combined.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt together in the medium bowl. Slowly begin adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until blended. Transfer the cookie dough to the refrigerator for at least one day. (Cookie dough can be chilled for up to 2-3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Makes tablespoon sized cookie dough balls. Place the dough balls on the cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (The cookies will appear to be cracked but set on the edgeThe cookies will be soft.
- When the cookies have been baked allow them to cool on the cookie sheets for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the cooled cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.