How to Make Easy Beef Chili in the Slow Cooker
This chili has been a favorite with my family for years! It makes it so easy to just dump all the ingredients in (minus the raw ground beef) and forget it!
This slow cooker chili uses a lot of pantry ingredients such as canned beans. It makes life so much easier when you have all the things you need in your kitchen.
Depending on your family’s preferences you can omit the jalapenos or whatever they don’t like. It STILL will turn out fabulous every time!
It looks so pretty with the toppings – don’t skip out on the sour cream and cheese yum!
- 2 tablespoons butter you can use olive oil, is to help softened up the onion and bacon bits
- ½ cup diced onions I used a sweet onion, but you can use a white onion and/or red onion. I would not use a green onion
- ½ cup bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno or ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 ½ pound ground beef You can use ground turkey, or sausage
- 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 can 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 can 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 can 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can 15.5 oz Pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can 15 oz. mixed Chili beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup beef broth you can use low sodium or regular
- 1 envelope 1.25 oz. Original Chili seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to your liking
- Shredded cheese you can use Cheddar or Colby Jack
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onion
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add diced onions, bacon bits and cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the beef is no more pink. Add the 1 tablespoon of chopped jalapeno and mix it in for 1 minutes. Close heat and set aside.
- In the slow cooker, add all the tomato ingredients: tomato paste, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Add garlic powder, ground pepper, dry oregano & brown sugar. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the mixed Chili beans, Pinto beans, and beef broth. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the envelope of Original Chili seasoning. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in the cooked meat.
- Set the cooker on High for 4 hours or Low for 7 hours.
- Serve and Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
- Keep the leftover in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator
- You can freeze the chili for up to 3 months
- This chili is a great, fresh, simple chili that everyone will love. It can be easily adapted to fit everyone’s favorite flavors.
- If you like the jalapeno flavor but don’t like to bite in a piece, I sometimes take a piece of Jalapeno and put it in the garlic press. Press is down and put the juice into the mixture. I small piece can go a long way, about ½ inch long.
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!