These adorable easy Easter cupcakes (Bunny Tail Cupcakes) will make a perfect addition to your Easter dessert spread this year. Kids will love making them too!
While cupcakes certainly don’t need to be cute to taste good (my Easy Bunny Cupcakes aren’t perfect but we created great memories with them and they tasted darn good!), it is fun to be able to make cute cupcakes for the holidays.
And cute does NOT need to be complicated. You don’t need to get out 27 pastry piping bags, be a royal icing expert, or create complex fondant animals to make cute cupcakes. When you’re a busy mom like I am, that’s just too much!
That’s why I love these Bunny Tail Cupcakes (aka easy Easter cupcakes!). They’re not just easy; they’re ridiculously easy. Let me take you through the process…
How to Make These Easy Easter Cupcakes
You’re going to love how easy these Easter cupcakes are to make. They’re perfect for kids too so definitely get ’em involved!
Step #1: Using a box of white cake mix, bake cupcakes. The only thing you want to change is to bake them at 325 degrees (this will create a moister cupcake).
Step #2: When the cupcakes are done baking, spread a thin coating Homemade Whipped Icing on top of each cupcake.
Step #3: Dip each iced cupcake in coconut flakes.
Step #4: Using a piping bag, create a (cute!) bunny tail on each cupcake.
That’s it! You’re done. I told you these were easy Easter cupcakes. 😉
Easy Easter Cupcakes Video
Want to see exactly how to make these easy Easter cupcakes? Take a look at this video I made for you!
More Easter Cupcakes Ideas
If you want to add a few more Easter cupcakes to your “must-bake” list this year, try a few of these ideas:
- Bird’s nest Easter cupcakes: Bake cupcakes and assemble a bird’s nest on top made out of (chilled) melted chocolate and coconut flakes. Even better, use my No Bake Chocolate Birds Nest recipe and put one on top of an iced cupcake!
- Carrot Easter cupcakes: Not to be mistaken for carrot cake cupcakes — just make a carrot out of orange candy melts, let them set, and stick them on top of a frosted cupcake. Learn how to do this in my Carrot Cupcakes recipe post.
- Peeps Easter cupcakes: Just frost a cupcake in a pastel color and stick a marshmallow Peep on top!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter. Make sure to check out my Easter Bunny Cake (Kid-Friendly Easter Recipe!) too!
- Boxed White Cake Mix made according to directions
- 2 C Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Homemade Whipped Icing (see notes)
Once your cupcakes have cooled, spread a thin coat of the whipped icing onto the cupcakes.
- Dip your cupcakes into the coconut flakes.
- Using your piping bag, create a bunny tail.
Get the recipe for the Homemade Whipped Icing here.
TIP: Baking your cupcakes at 325 will allow for a moister cupcake.