Looking for a delicious lemon cupcakes recipe? These cupcakes are packed with lemon flavor. It is moist and delicious and the perfect cupcake recipe. No matter the occasion, you need to serve these perfect homemade lemon cupcakes.
I love lemon. It is one of my favorite flavors. When I am craving lemon cake, I love to make this lemon cupcake recipe. It is the perfect serving size. Cupcakes aren’t just for kids.
Recipes To Serve Before Enjoying These Delicious Cupcakes
This lemon dessert is perfect to serve at a party or get together. They are perfect for any time, whether it is a celebration, a picnic or just because. If you are looking for things to serve at the picnic, BBQ or party, you might like:
- Chicken Cheese Ball
- Pea Salad
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Supreme Pizza Cold Salad
- Grilled Honey Chicken
- Red Hot Baked Chicken Wings
- Homemade Manwich
Variations to these Cupcakes
These cupcakes are absolutely perfect the way they are but you can add:
- Chocolate Chips – Chocolate Chips go with everything
- Strawberries – Strawberry and Lemon go great together
Ingredients for Lemon Cupcake Recipe
- Frozen lemonade concentrate
- White cake mix
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Lemon zest
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon drops
How to Make Lemon Cupcake Recipe
Combine lemonade concentrate, cake mix, sour cream, 3 oz. of cream cheese, eggs and lemon zest in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer at low speed for 3 minutes.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups ⅔ full.
Bake at 350° for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; place on wire racks to cool completely.
For the frosting, beat together the 8 oz. package of cream cheese and butter until smooth.
Blend in vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes; garnish with crushed lemon drops (optional)
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Homemade Lemon Cupcake Recipe
- ½ c. frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
- 18 ¼ oz. white cake mix
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 3 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 T. lemon zest
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
- ½ c. butter softened
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
- lemon drops Optional garnish:
- Combine lemonade concentrate, cake mix, sour cream, 3 oz. of cream cheese, eggs and lemon zest in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer at low speed for 3 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups ⅔ full.
- Bake at 350° for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; place on wire racks to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat together the 8 oz. package of cream cheese and butter until smooth. Blend in vanilla.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar.
- Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes; garnish with crushed lemon drops (optional).
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake