Have you heard Ganache? Wondering how to make chocolate ganache with heavy cream? This two ingredient chocolate ganache is perfect for desserts and is easy to make.
I love chocolate ganache. It takes an ordinary dessert and makes it extraordinary. If you want bakery or restaurant quality desserts, you should know how to make chocolate ganache. Once you see how easy it is to make, you will wonder why you didn’t learn to make it sooner.
How long does it take for ganache to set?
Ganache can be used in many ways. When the ganache is warm it can be poured directly over cakes and pies. It can be used as a fluffy icing once it has cooled. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour for the ganache to fully set.
How do you store chocolate ganache?
Chocolate ganache can be stored at room temperature for up to two days if the room is cool. After that, it should be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. When you are ready to use the chocolate ganache, let it come to room temperature before using.
What is the difference between ganache and frosting?
There is a difference between chocolate ganache and frosting. Frosting is a generic term for the whipped fluffy stuff that is on many cakes. It can have different flavors and colors. While ganache is a type of frosting, it is a different type of frosting. It isn’t the traditional buttercream icing that most people think of when thinking about frosting.
Why is my ganache runny?
Sometimes, ganache comes out runny. There are many reasons that ganache can be runny and too thin. It can be because the ingredients were not measured correctly. It can also be because of the type of chocolate. Some chocolate melts at a different texture than others. If your two ingredient chocolate ganache is too thin, simply heat the ganache and add more chocolate. If you have to add too much chocolate to the ganache, next time, consider using a different type of chocolate.
What to Serve with Chocolate Ganache?
There are many desserts that have chocolate ganache on top. It takes the dessert to a new level. These are a few of my favorite recipes with ganache.
- Bud’s Best Caco Cheesecake Ganache Cake
- No Bake Buckeye Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie + Video
- Ice Cream Graduation Cake with Chocolate Ganache + Recipe Video
- Mint Brownies from Scratch
Variations to Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate ganache is a simple recipe however you can change the recipe slightly:
- Add flavoring: You can add flavor extracts like peppermint or orange to the ganache.
- Dark Chocolate: Try using a different type of chocolate like dark chocolate for a richer taste.
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache
- heavy cream
- chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Ganache with Heavy Cream
In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, heat heavy cream for 1-2 minutes. You want it a little warmer than luke warm as the heat is going to melt the chocolate.
Pour chocolate chips into the heavy cream.
Using a fork or small whisk, whisk mixture together until smooth and thick.
Use within a few minutes otherwise, it will become thicker and eventually harden into a soft chocolate.
Pour over your dessert and allow to set to firm.
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
- 1 c heavy cream
- 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate
- In a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup, heat heavy cream for 1-2 minutes. You want it a little warmer than lukewarm as the heat is going to melt the chocolate.
- Pour chocolate chips into the heavy cream.
- Using a fork or small whisk, whisk mixture together until smooth and thick.
- Use within a few minutes otherwise, it will become thicker and eventually harden into soft chocolate.
- Pour over your dessert and allow to set to firm.