I never realized how easy it was to make Homemade Manwich until one night I started browning the ground beef and realized I didn’t have the can in my pantry. After a slight panic I came out with my own Homemade Manwich Recipe and it’s better than that canned stuff…BY FAR!
This is one recipe that comes together in just a few minutes and is really as easy as dicing up half a onion and green pepper!
When starting to cook from scratch, you may not realize how EASY Homemade Manwich is to make at home. Oh and do ya’ll call this recipe Homemade Manwich or Sloppy Joes? Leave a comment below and let me know! I’m curious to find out!
No matter what you call this recipe, it comes together in literally just minutes. Has very little clean up and can easily be doubled by adjusting how many people you are feeding to serve a crowd. If you are in need of a recipe to feed a crowd, on a budget, this is one of those recipes!
My Hubby enjoys his Manwich with a side of mac n cheese as well as a spoonful on his Manwich Sandwich! For me, I like a open sandwich with a little Mac N Cheese and lots and lots of fruit. I don’t know what it is, but, Homemade Manwich is comfort food at it’s finest!
For me I enjoy just half of a piece of bread, open faced style. I eat it with a fork and avoid the extra calories that the top bun has! If you want to skip the carbs all together you can place a scoop in a piece of bib lettuce.
Other Recipes You’ll Be Interested In:
- Homemade Lasagna Recipe with Fresh Ingredients
- Stovetop Mac N Cheese
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese + Video
- The Best Roasted Potatoes and Onions + Video
- Smores Dip + Video
- 1 lb. ground beef 80/20
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- pinch of ground cumin
- 1 1/2 C Tomato Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown Beef until halfway cooked.
- Add in onion, green pepper and cumin, stir.
- Once meat is browned and onions are translucent add tomato sauce to mixture, stir.
- Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 15-30 minutes.
- Serve on a hamburger bun, side of mac n cheese and salad for a complete meal your family will love.