This is by far THE BEST Deviled Eggs Recipe! It’s not only a classic deviled egg recipe, but, we show you how you can also adjust for other flavors! Bring this dish with you to your next backyard BBW, it doesn’t disappoint!
So none of my kids or my husband will eat Deviled Eggs. It’s such a shame and I still just don’t understand why. They are amazing when they are made right and without all the “stuff” people put in them. If you give anything enough flavor it will be delicious no matter what.
I often say the less fuss the better the recipe. I often see folks loading recipes up with things that aren’t even necessary. Cooking shouldn’t be complicated and many people are afraid to cook because of it. If you make something it should be easy and this Deviled Eggs Recipe is just that!
So when I make Deviled Eggs I make 4 at a time, simply because nobody else in my family eats them. So it’s my little treat to myself. I’ll make these if I am boiling a egg for a salad or even my Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe. If you want to make a dozen eggs for a party you’ll need to adjust this Deviled Eggs Recipe.
HOW DO I BOIL DEVILED EGGS?
In a large pot filled with water, place eggs in water so that they are covered by the water. Allow the water to boil for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and allow the water to cool and then drain.
HOW DO I PEEL EGGS PERFECT THE FIRST TIME?
There’s much debate on this! There are several methods, but, I find that by taking an egg and gently shaking it in the jar (as shown in the video below) is a fool proof way to peel an egg.
However, you can also run the eggs under cold water to stop the cooking process and allow the egg to cool quicker. Then gently tap on a paper towel to crack the shell and begin to peel. This could however, result in eggs that have damage if you don’t have patience!
HOW TO MAKE CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS
- 2 Eggs, Hard boiled
- 1 TBSP Mayo
- 1 TBSP Gulden’s Mustard (Classic Yellow is fine too)
1. Bring water and eggs to a boil. BOIL hard boiled eggs in a large saucepan for 15-20 minutes.
2. REMOVE from heat.
3. PEEL hard boiled eggs and rinse.
4. CUT hard boiled eggs in half, length wise.
5. REMOVE the yolk carefully with a spoon into a bowl.
6. PLACE egg on plate or serving tray.
7. MIX mayo and mustard with yolk until combined.
8. SPOON the mixture into the egg.
9. SPRINKLE with paprika.
HOW LONG DO DEVILED EGGS KEEP IN THE REFRIGERATOR?
When you cook the egg, you are removing the natural coating from eggs, which protects it from bacteria. The sooner you eat the hard boiled egg, the better! Hard-cooked eggs need to be refrigerated no longer than one week. Egg dishes like deviled eggs and egg salad should be used within three to four days.
ARE DEVILED EGGS GOOD FOR YOU?
I’M HAVING A HARD TIME BOILING AND PEELING MY FRESH EGGS. WHAT GIVES?
Fresh eggs from chickens in your yard are just that, fresh. They are not to be treated like store bought eggs. For best results on boiling fresh eggs, you’ll want 10-14 day old eggs.
VARIATIONS TO THE DEVILED EGG
- Sub mayo out for avocado and a little olive oil.
- Throw on some bacon, everything is better with bacon, right?
- Chop up a green onion for a little bite.
- Pickle juice seems to be a popular add in, but, it doesn’t take much!
- The classic deviled egg recipe calls for regular yellow mustard.
- Pickle relish seems to be a popular variation to the recipe. Just a tablespoon or so should do the trick!
- Want to add in a little heat? Add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce!
Other Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Guacamole Recipe
- Chunky Lime Salsa
- Taco Salad Dip
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Easy Stuffed Mushrooms (Two Ways)
- Cheeseball Dip
- Crack Chicken Salad
- 2 Eggs Hard boiled
- 1 TBSP Mayo
- 1 TBSP Gulden's Mustard Classic Yellow is fine too
- BOIL hard boiled eggs in a large saucepan for 15-20 minutes.
- PEEL hard boiled eggs and rinse.
- CUT hard boiled eggs in half, length wise.
- SCOOP out the harden yolk carefully with a spoon into a bowl.
- PLACE egg on plate or serving tray.
- MIX mayo and mustard with yolk until combined.
- SPOON the mixture into the egg.
- SPRINKLE with paprika.